This is the time of year when family comes to visit. If you have a dedicated room for guests this Christmas, make sure to keep it cleaned and ready. The checklist below is a perfect reminder for those preparing for visitors this Christmas.
Guest Room Checklist:
- Dust and vacuum or mop per usual
- Put fresh linens on the bed
- Store extra blankets and pillows in an easily accessible place
- Clear a spot for luggage and other items in the room or closet
- Provide plenty of hangers and drawer space
- Make sockets available by each side of the bed
- Empty the wastebasket
- Add a box of tissues to each nightstand
For a guest room that also serves another purpose, reduce clutter as much as possible, such as putting away all paperwork in a home office and loose toys in a kid’s room. Remove anything you or the regular occupant might need during your guests’ stay so that they truly have a space to call their own.